An initial assessment of your skills will be made to determine your suitability for the one-year course, which runs from September to June. A grade 4 or above in a GCSE English course is a frequent requirement of employers and for many institutions of higher education.
EDUQAS GCSE English enables learners to:
- read a wide range of texts
- read critically, and use the knowledge gained improve their own writing
- write effectively and coherently using Standard English appropriately
- use grammar correctly, punctuate and spell accurately
- acquire and apply a wide vocabulary, alongside a knowledge and understanding of grammatical terminology
- listen to and understand and use spoken language effectively.
||One exam paper lasting 1 hour 45 minutes which includes one creative writing task and one reading task. The reading task will be based on one fictional text from the 20th century.
||One exam paper lasting 2 hours this paper includes two transactional writing tasks and one reading task. The reading task will be based on two factual case studies from the 19th and 21st century.
||The final component is an unweighted formal presentation or speech. Although this component is unweighted it is a compulsory element of the qualification.
Folder, paper and pen. You will be required to purchase two literary text booklets