Policies & Procedures, General Data Protection and Awarding Body
Policies & Procedures
Equality & Diversity Policy (1)
Anti-slavery and human trafficking policy (1)
Safeguarding & Prevent Policy (2)
General Data Protection
GDPR Policy & Procedure and Privacy Notice (1)
We collect your personal data when we add you to our course waiting lists and when you enrol on to a course. This information is gathered in order to enable us to provide education and other associated functions. In addition, there may be a legal requirement to collect and use information to ensure that MaTReC complies with its statutory obligations.
MaTReC ensure that personal information is dealt with correctly and securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other related legislation. It applies to information regardless of the way it is collected, used, recorded, stored and destroyed, and irrespective of whether it is held in paper files or electronically. It also takes into account the expected provisions of the General Data protection Regulation, which is new legislation due to come into force in 2018.
Why do we collect your personal details?
Funding requirements specify we must collect your details for the following reasons:
- Identification purposes
- Exam registration
- Access to your ULN (Unique Learner Number)
- Course eligibility
- Course surveys and evaluations
Who has access to your personal details?
- The Centre Manager
- Support Staff
Where are your details stored?
- Enrolment/course forms are stored securely in Admin/Reception which are restricted to staff and locked out of business hours.
- Electronic data is stored on MaTReC’s server which is monitored by our IT Technical Support Company – ESP. It can only be accessed via the above staff, who have password protected log ins.
Who else requires your personal details?
During enrolment the interviewer will go over The Learner Contract with you. By signing and retaining your copy you agree to share your details, for the purpose of the course, with the following:
- The awarding exam body (either NOCN or WJEC) for exam registration, evaluation and monitoring.
- White Rose Dyslexia Centre for learner support and exam concessions (if required)
- JCQ – Joint Council for Qualification for access arrangements
How long we keep your personal details?
- Funding contractual requirement of 7 years
After that time your details will be deleted from our server and paper enrolment/course forms are incinerated.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 any individual has the right to make a request to access the personal information held about them.
MaTReC NEVER share your details without your permission and never sell them on to third parties.
Current awarding bodies
NOCN has been creating opportunities through learning and skills development for over 30 years. https://www.nocn.org.uk/
WJEC is a leading awarding organisation providing assessment, training and educational resources in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and elsewhere. http://www.wjec.co.uk/